AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

ALL SAINTS, HARROW: UXBRIDGE ROAD, HARROW

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/108
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: ALL SAINTS, HARROW: UXBRIDGE ROAD, HARROW
Date(s): 1711-1992
Level of description: Collection
View subfonds/series records
Extent: 3.52 linear metres (91 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Saints, Harrow | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

All Saints, Harrow, was built in 1842 near an earlier Chapel of Ease and consecrated in 1850. Edward Munroe became the first curate. A separate parish was assigned to it in 1844 taken from St Mary's Harrow and a small part of Bushey (Hertfordshire). Two vestries were added in 1958. The church has six bells which date from 1890 and two from 1935.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of All Saints, Harrow, including registers of baptisms, marriages, burials, banns of marriage and confirmations; registers of church services; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minute books; financial accounts; papers of Robinson's Charity; papers of Harrow Weald Old Schools; and parish magazines.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Records arranged in series: Registers; Church Services; Church Buildings; Parish Administration; Parish Finance; Parish Organisations; and Printed Material.

Conditions governing access:

DRO/108/022,035,038 are unfit for consultation.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited in January 1996.

Allied Materials

Related material:

The daughter church of St Barnabas, Long Elmes, Harrow Weald, Harrow was a mission church within All Saints parish. It originated in 1950 from a housing estate in North Headstone and is listed here separately under DRO/108/BAN. The church closed in the 1970s.


Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
March to April 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING