AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

ALL SAINTS, PADDINGTON: NORFOLK SQUARE, WESTMINSTER

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 P87/ALL
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: ALL SAINTS, PADDINGTON: NORFOLK SQUARE, WESTMINSTER
Date(s): 1847-1925
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.53 linear metres (11 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of All Saints, Paddington | Church of England

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The parish of All Saints, Paddington, was formed from part of the parish of Saint James, Sussex Gardens (P87/JS). The church was consecrated in November 1847. In 1894 it burned down but was rebuilt to the designs of Ralph Nevill. The church was closed in 1919 and the parish was united with that of Saint Michael and All Angels, Paddington (P87/MAA). The church was later demolished.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Records of the parish of All Saints, Norfolk Street, Paddington, including registers of baptisms and marriages; Vestry meeting minutes and Parochial Schools Committee minute book.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

The records have been sorted into categories which reflect divisions between the different functions and operations of the parish and its administration. Order within these categories reflects chronology.

Conditions governing access:

These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records deposited by the Vicar of St John the Evangelist Church, Paddington, 27 May 1965. Further records deposited by the Vicar, 21 September 1965.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

For further information see 'Paddington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 9: Hampstead, Paddington (1989), pp. 252-259.

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
April to June 2010.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING