AIM25 : Click here to go back to the AIM25 homepage
Archives in London and the M25 area
ADVERTISING

ALTO PARANA DEVELOPMENT

Identity Statement

Reference code(s): GB 0074 CLC/B/007
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
  Click here to find out how to view this collection at https://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/things-to-do/london-metropolitan-archives/Pages/ ›
Full title: ALTO PARANA DEVELOPMENT
Date(s): 1912-1964
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 5 production units.
Name of creator(s): Alto Parana Development x Scottish and Mercantile Investment Co Ltd
La Sociedad Anonima Compania de Maderas del Alto Parana

Context

Administrative/Biographical history:

The company was formed in 1912 to acquire and hold the share capital of an existing Argentine company, La Sociedad Anonima Compania de Maderas del Alto Parana. Its purpose was to exploit and develop the pine and hardwood and other crops on the Argentine company's estate of 600,000 acres in Parana province, Brazil. The company became an investment trust company by special resolution of its annual general meeting of 1949. In 1951 it changed its name to Scottish and Mercantile Investment Co Ltd.

From 1912 to 1951 the company address was River Plate House, variously described as Finsbury Circus EC2 (1912-38), 10-11 Finsbury Circus EC2 (1939-48), or 12-13 South Place EC2 (from 1948), but the company disappears from the directories after 1948. In 1951 the company moved to 36-37 King Street EC2.

Content

Scope and content/abstract:

Archives of Alto Parana Development, comprising constitutional documents, minutes and financial material.

Access & Use

Language/scripts of material:
English

System of arrangement:

Records arranged by MS number, assigned during cataloguing at the Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section.

Conditions governing access:

Available for general access.

Conditions governing reproduction:

Copyright to this collection rests with the City of London.

Finding aids:

Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm

Archival Information

Archival history:

Immediate source of acquisition:

Records donated to the Manuscripts Section of Guildhall Library in 1984 by Ocean Wilsons (Holdings) plc of 14 King Street EC2. The Guildhall Library Manuscripts Section merged with the London Metropolitan Archives in 2009.

Allied Materials

Related material:

Publication note:

Description Notes

Archivist's note:

Rules or conventions:
Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.

Date(s) of descriptions:
November 2010 to January 2011.

Related Subject Search

* To search for other records with similar subjects, tick any subjects above then click "Run New Search"

Related Corporate Name Search

* To search for other records with similar names, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

Related Placename Search

* To search for other records with similar placenames, tick any names above then click "Run New Search"

ADVERTISING