Reference code(s): ACC/2054
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: PEMBROKE ROAD METHODIST CHURCH, HENDON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.33 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Methodist Church of Great Britain x United Methodist Church x Wesleyan Methodist Church x Primitive Methodist Church
Pembroke Road Methodist church was founded in 1904 by the main Muswell Hill Methodist church as a Wesleyan mission hall. In 1922 it moved to the Freehold mission hall in Sydney Road, which was replaced in 1954 by a new church in Pembroke Road. In 1975 a small red-brick church seated 150 and shared a minister with Manor Drive Methodist church.
From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 6: Friern Barnet, Finchley, Hornsey with Highgate (1980), pp. 32-33.
Scope and content/abstract:
Pembroke Road Methodist Church, Friern Barnet, registers of marriage, 1954-1972.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Registers arranged chronologically.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Transferred from the General Register Office, Titchfield, Fareham, Hants PO15 5YZ on 23 November 1984 (ACC/2054).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009