Reference code(s): ACC/2114
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: HAYES END METHODIST CHURCH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.57 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Methodist Church of Great Britain x United Methodist Church x Wesleyan Methodist Church x Primitive Methodist Church
A Methodist Tabernacle is said to have existed in Morgan's Lane, Hayes End since 1874. It would seem that the church was registered in 1906 as the Hayes Tabernacle, Wood End Green. This registration was closed in 1927 and the church registered under the name of Morgan's Lane Church, Hayes End. In 1934 it moved to a new building in Uxbridge Road and was renamed Hayes End Methodist Church.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Hayes End Methodist Church, including marriage registers, 1935-1980; baptism register, 1897-1951; Trustees' meetings minutes, 1895-1948; Trustees' Treasurer's accounts, 1894-1974; correspondence, 1932-1954; Leaders' meetings minutes, 1919-1973; Local Trustees' meetings minutes, 1937-1940; Society Stewards' accounts, 1914-1933; Wesley Guild, 1923-1950; Youth Council, 1950-1977; Young Wives, 1962-1969; pulpit notices, 1915-1984; class books, 1915-1973; collection journals, 1910-1973; Poor Fund accounts, 1935-1974 and Sunday School, 1914-1937.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
In sections according to catalogue.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1985.
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009