Reference code(s): ACC/2753
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: PARK BAPTIST CHAPEL, BRENTFORD
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.3 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Baptist Union of Great Britain x General Baptists x Particular Baptists
Park Baptist Chapel was situated at the corner of Boston Manor Road and Great West Road, Brentford. The chapel had its origins in meetings begun in 1799 by a minister at Hammersmith. Services took place in various houses and halls until 1855, when the Park Chapel opened, seating 500. Classrooms were added in 1869 but were replaced in 1936 by a hall, where services were held between 1940 and the 1950 reopening of the bomb-damaged church. The Chapel seated 400 in 1978. In 1994 the Park Baptist Chapel merged with Brentford United Reformed Church to form Brentford Free Church.
Scope and content/abstract:
Marriage registers of Park Baptist Chapel, Boston Manor Road, Brentford, 1935-1985.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records transferred by the General Register Office, Titchfield, Hampshire, 20 Sep 1989 (ACC/2753).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009