Reference code(s): ACC/3103
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: TEDDINGTON METHODIST CIRCUIT
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.01 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Methodist Church of Great Britain x United Methodist Church x Wesleyan Methodist Church x Primitive Methodist Church
The Teddington Methodist Circuit comprises the churches at Teddington, Sunbury, East Molesey, Hampton and Hanworth. These were originally part of the Richmond Circuit, but in 1887 were removed to form the new Hampton Court Circuit. This became known as the Teddington Circuit in 1892. A circuit is normally a group of churches in a local area served by a team of ministers. A minister will have pastoral charge of one or more churches, but will preach and lead worship in different local churches in the circuit, along with local preachers. The arrangements for leading worship in a circuit are drawn up in a quarterly Plan.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Teddington Methodist Circuit, comprising preaching plans and circuit directories for services at Teddington, East Molesey, Hampton, Sunbury and Hanworth Methodist Churches, 1953 and 1966-1992.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
See also the records of Teddington Methodist Circuit in ACC/1172, ACC/2760 and ACC/3045.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009