Reference code(s): N/M/046
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: MARY STREET METHODIST CHURCH, CANNING TOWN
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.1 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Methodist Church of Great Britain x United Methodist Church x Wesleyan Methodist Church x Primitive Methodist Church
The Mary Street Methodist Church, Canning Town, ceased to be used on account of enemy action on 10 May 1941. It was originally a Primitive Methodist Church, in the former West Ham Circuit. It later became part of the Bow Circuit.
Scope and content/abstract:
Register of marriages, 1914-1940.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Marriage registers transferred from the General Register Office, Titchfield, Fareham, Hants PO15 5RR, 20 March 1978 (AC/78/029).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
See Acc/1850 for the Bow Circuit. Relevant records of Mary Street Methodist Church (including baptism registers 1861-1940) are listed as Acc/1850/262-265.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009