Reference code(s): LMA/4089
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SOUTHWARK CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, BUCKENHAM SQUARE, NEW KENT ROAD, SOUTHWARK
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.1 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Congregational Church of England and Wales
\qjThe Pilgrim Fathers' Memorial Church on Great Dover Street had a traditional origin in a congregation of Protestant Separatists who met in 1592 'in the house of Roger Rippon in Southwark.' It claimed with more likelihood descent from a congregation which existed in 1616, and from which some of the Pilgrim Fathers emigrated. The congregation moved to a chapel in the New Kent Road in 1863-1864, named the Southwark Park Congregational Church.
The Southwark Park Congregational Church was destroyed by enemy bombing during the Second World War. The Church was replaced by a new multi purpose building on Great Dover Street, the Pilgrim Church House.
Scope and content/abstract:
Marriage registers for Southwark Park Congregational Church (Memorial of the Pilgrim Fathers), Buckenham Square, 1928-1939.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1998 (B98/202)
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
See also LMA/4090
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009