Reference code(s): LMA/4135
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: STOCKWELL CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, STOCKWELL GREEN, LAMBETH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.15 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Congregational Church of England and Wales
Stockwell Green Congregational Church originated in Stockwell Green New Chapel, which was built as a Congregational chapel in 1798. The chapel was rebuilt in 1850 as the Stockwell Green Congregational Church. The church was active in providing charitable works for the local area, including the Stockwell Institute which ran day schools, a lecture and meeting hall, Sunday Schools, a Benevolent Society and a Coal Club.
The church became Stockwell Green United Reformed Church in 1972 when the Congregationalist and Presbyterian churches merged. In 1987 the church building was sold. The congregation moved 60 - 68, Stockwell Road in 1991.
Scope and content/abstract:
Marriage registers for Stockwell Congregational Church, Stockwell Green, 1956-1984.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1998 (B98/202).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009