Reference code(s): LMA/4159
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ALEXANDRA PARK CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, ALEXANDRA PARK ROAD, WOOD GREEN
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.05 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Congregational Church of England and Wales
Alexandra Park (Whitefield Memorial) Congregational Church was founded by Congregationalists who first met at the house of Doctor Mailer in Alexandra Park Road. Many, before moving to the new suburb, had worshipped at the Whitefield Tabernacle in Leonard Street, Finsbury. A building east of the corner with Albert Road was opened in 1907 and members of the Finsbury Tabernacle automatically became members of the new church, which at first was called Whitefield Tabernacle but was recertified as Alexandra Park Congregational Church in 1922. The church, of red brick with stone dressings, had seating for 550 in 1972. A two-storey brick hall was built on the north side in 1932 and a lower hall was added to the back in 1965.
From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 5: Hendon, Kingsbury, Great Stanmore, Little Stanmore, Edmonton Enfield, Monken Hadley, South Mimms, Tottenham (1976), pp. 356-364.
Scope and content/abstract:
Marriage registers for Alexandra Park Congregational Church, Alexandra Palace, 1929-1940.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1998 (B98/202).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009