Reference code(s): LMA/4088
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: CROSSWAY CENTRAL MISSION CHURCH, NEW KENT ROAD, SOUTHWARK
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.25 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Congregational Church of England and Wales
In 1866 the London Congregational Union established the South London Mission on New Kent Road at Elephant and Castle. In 1905 they rebuilt the Mission and renamed it the Crossway Central Mission. This was demolished in the 1960s to make way for a housing estate, but the mission was rebuilt nearby as Crossway Church. By the time the church was completed in 1973 the Congregationalists had merged with the Prebyterians to become the United Reformed Church.
Scope and content/abstract:
Marriage registers for Crossway Central Mission Church, Southwark, 1909-1969.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1998 (B98/202).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009