Reference code(s): LMA/4111
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: RAY LODGE CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, WOODFORD GREEN, WOODFORD
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.25 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Congregational Church of England and Wales
As a result of missionary activity from Woodford Congregational Church, Horn Lane, a chapel was erected in Globe Road, near Ray Lodge, in 1865. From 1886 onwards a resident minister was appointed. In 1900 a new, Gothic church, designed by F. Boreham, and costing £3,500, was built in Snakes Lane East, near the chapel, which remained in use as a mission-room until its purchase by the New Apostolic church. An institute was added in 1920. In 1930 Ray Lodge Congregational church became independent of the parent church at Woodford. It is now part of Ray Lodge United Reformed Church.
Source: A History of the County of Essex: Volume 6 (1973), pp. 352-358.
Scope and content/abstract:
Marriage registers for Ray Lodge Congregational Church, Snakes Lane East, Woodford Green, 1919-1980.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1998 (B98/202).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009