Reference code(s): LMA/4081
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MARK'S PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, SOUTH STREET, GREENWICH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.15 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England
Saint Mark's Presbyterian Church was founded in 1834, although a permanent church was not built until 1850. This was destroyed by enemy action in 1944. A new church was built in 1953 on Ashburnham Place, off South Street, Greenwich. The church entered into a partnership with the West Greenwich Methodist Church in 1969 and later merged with the Methodist, Congregationalist and Church of Christ churches in Greenwich to form the Greenwich United Church.
Scope and content/abstract:
Registers of marriages for Saint Mark's Presbyterian Church, South Street, Greenwich, 1858-1931.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1998 (B98/202).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
See also LMA/4393.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009