Reference code(s): LMA/4110
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: WOODFORD CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, GEORGE LANE, WOODFORD, REDBRIDGE
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.2 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Congregational Church of England and Wales
Woodford Congregational Church was founded about 1790 at a site in Horn Lane. This Church established a Congregational mission in 1870 in a cottage in Victoria Road, near George Lane, and two years later a temporary iron church was erected at the corner of Daisy Road. The first pastor was appointed in 1876. Though the building was twice enlarged, a bigger one was soon needed. In 1879 land in George Lane was purchased, and in 1886 a new church was completed to the design of Thomas Arnold in the Early English style.
Source: A History of the County of Essex: Volume 6 (1973), pp. 352-358.
Scope and content/abstract:
Marriage registers for Woodford Congregational Church, George Lane, 1934-1981.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1998 (B98/202).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009