Reference code(s): N/C/37
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: MERTON HALL CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, MORDEN ROAD, MERTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.1 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Congregational Church of England and Wales
Merton Hall Congregational Church was founded in 1798. The chapel was not built until 1818. In 1903 it belonged to the London Congregational Union district of Metropolitan Surrey West. It seems to have closed some time before 1957, possibly because of destruction during air raids in 1940.
Scope and content/abstract:
Minute book of Church Management Committee and Deacon's Meetings, 1911-1941; minute book of Merton Hall Trustees, 1923-1941, including account of air-raids on Wimbledon and Merton, August 1940, damage to Church and subsequent disposal of property; and correspondence relating to 'New Eltham', ground rent, insurance, and so on, 1911-1912.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited 1964 (AC/064/48).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009