Reference code(s): N/C/39
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: ZION CHAPEL, WESTERN ROAD, MITCHAM
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.08 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Congregational Church of England and Wales
The Mitcham Congregational Church was founded in 1818. In 1903 it belonged to the Surrey Congregational Union Eastern District and had 30 members. This had risen to 50 in 1957; however, the Church is not listed in the 1971 Congregational Year Book and it is possible that it had closed or merged with another chapel by this date.
Scope and content/abstract:
Volume containing entries of burials, roll of members and Confession of Faith, 1821-1894.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited 20 August 1964 (AC/064/48).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009