Reference code(s): LMA/4412
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: QUEENS ROAD PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, BRIGHTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.33 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England
Brighton Presbyterian Church was founded in 1825. The church was built in 1845 on Queen's Road. It was part of the Presbytery of the South Coast. In 1972, when the Presbyterian and Congregational Churches merged, it joined the United Reformed Church as part of Brighton Free Church.
Scope and content/abstract:
Court of Session minute books, including annual reports, 1844-1920; minute books of the Diaconate, 1845-1927 and Communicants' roll book, 1863-1913.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009