Reference code(s): LMA/4407
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT COLUMBA'S PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, SAINT LEONARDS ON SEA
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.33 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England
Warrior Square Presbyterian Church first held services in a hired assembly hall in January 1880. In 1882 a permanent minister was found and by 1883 a church and Sunday School had been constructed on Warrior Square, Saint Leonards on Sea. In 1923 it was decided to change the name of the church to Saint Columba's Presbyterian Church.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Warrior Square Presbyterian Church, later Saint Columba's Presbyterian Church, including Court of Session minute book, 1939-1940; Managers' minute books, 1894-1941 (including a brief history); Building Committee minute book, 1882-1895; Communicants' roll book, 1935-1940 and Treasurer's cash book, 1924-1935.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Minutes; Registers; Accounts.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009