Reference code(s): LMA/4406
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: LEWES UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, PRINCE EDWARD ROAD
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.16 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England
Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Lewes, Sussex, began as a preaching station in around 1860. A permanent minister was found in 1864 and the church was formally constituted. It was situated on Prince Edward Road.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Hamilton Presbyterian Church, Lewes, Sussex including Court of Session minute book, 1860-1939 (including history of the chapel); Deacons' Court minute books, 1865-1912; register of baptisms, 1906-1938; disjunction certificate book, 1928-1939 and Manse and Church book containing legal information, papers relating to the church deed, plans and land registry information, 1874-1881.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Registers 1908-1938 are held at the East Sussex Record Office, reference A7795.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009