Reference code(s): LMA/4389
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: GUILDFORD PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.16 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England
Guildford Presbyterian Church was closed on 7 October 1956. It is possible that it is now part of the Guildford United Reformed Church.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Guildford Presbyterian Church including Court of Session minute book, 1952-1956; Deacons' Court minute book, 1952-1956; Guildford Presbyterian Committee minute book, 1942-1943; Communicants' roll book, 1952-1956; register of baptisms, 1932-1955; disjunction certificate book relating to the closure of the church, 1956; Sunday newsletters, 1952-1956; papers relating to the dissolution of the church, 1956; papers and correspondence regarding setting up a United Church in Guildford, 1952-1956.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Minutes; Registers; Printed Items; Correspondence.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009