Reference code(s): LMA/4382
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SOUTHWARK PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, PROSPECT PLACE
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.05 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England
Southwark had a long history as a centre for non-conformity. In 1672 five independent and Presbyterian chapels were located in Southwark, as well as Quaker and Anabaptist meeting-houses.
The Presbyterian chapel on Prospect Place appears to have closed or merged with another church. By 1893 there is no mention of the church in 'The Southwark Annual', which lists only two Presbyterian chapels in Southwark: that on Borough Road and Southwark Park Road, Bermondsey.
Scope and content/abstract:
Register of baptisms, for the Presbyterian Church, Prospect Place, Southwark, 1825-1830.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
For the Presbyterian church on Southwark Park Road, Bermondsey, see LMA/4386.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009