Reference code(s): LMA/4373
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT ANDREW'S UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, CHATHAM
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.25 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England
Presbyterian meetings first took place in Chatham in 1672. Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church was founded in 1854 on Star Hill. It moved to premises on New Road Avenue in 1862. In 1904 a new church was constructed. The church is now Saint Andrew's United Reformed Church, following the merger of the Presbyterian and Congregational Churches in 1972.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Saint Andrew's Presbyterian Church comprising Court of Session minute books, 1872-1942 and Deacons' Court minute book, 1905-1949.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009