Reference code(s): LMA/4368
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: TRINITY PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, CANONBURY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.08 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England
Trinity Presbyterian Church, Canonbury was situated on Church Road (later North Church Road), off Southgate Road. It originated as the Old Scots Church Meeting at Founders' Hall from 1672 and London Wall from 1764. The church moved to Islington in 1857 on the expiry of the London Wall lease. The Church and manse opened in 1858; a lecture hall was added in the 1880s. Numbers declined in the 1890s to almost nothing; although John Kerr Craig's ministry in 1899 to 1910 increased membership again. The church was closed between 1934 and 1942.
From: 'Islington: Protestant nonconformity', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 8: Islington and Stoke Newington parishes (1985), pp. 101-115.
Scope and content/abstract:
Communicants' roll book for Trinity Presbyterian Church, Canonbury, 1861-1871.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
See also LMA/4356.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009