Reference code(s): LMA/4363
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: CROUCH HILL PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, HOLLY PARK, CROUCH HILL, ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.43 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England
Crouch Hill Presbyterian Church, Holly Park, originated in an iron chapel built in the Finsbury Park area in 1873. The Holly Park site was bought with the help of Sir George Bunce. A lecture hall and vestries were built in 1876; services were held in this hall until a permanent chapel opened in 1878. A new hall seating over 500 and other rooms behind the church were begun in 1889. The church closed in 1975 and the buildings were demolished.
From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 8: Islington and Stoke Newington parishes (1985), pp. 101-115.
Scope and content/abstract:
Mission Committee minute book for Andover Road Mission, 1914-1943; Court of Session minute books, 1876-1961; Deacon's Court minute books, 1877-1961; Women's Missionary Association minute book, 1916-1937; annual reports and accounts, 1876-1960; Communicants' roll books for Andover Road Mission, 1896-1959; Communicants' roll book, 1877-1961; register of baptisms, 1876-1961; Visitors book, 1946-1960 and records of services and collections, 1876-1961.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
This collection consists of meetings LMA/4363/A, and registers and church records LMA/4363/B.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009