Reference code(s): LMA/4349
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: WILLESDEN PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.16 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England
Willesden Presbyterian church opened in 1875 in a hall seating 150 at Fortune Gate, Harlesden. In 1876 a chapel was built at the junction of Nicoll Road and Craven Park Road and the church was renamed Saint Margaret Presbyterian Church. The chapel was extended in 1884 and 1894. The name was changed to Saint Margaret United Reformed church in 1959 and Saint Margaret and Saint George United Reformed and Moravian church in 1974 following a merger with nearby Saint George Presbyterian Church.
From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. 242-246.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Willesden Presbyterian Church, later Saint Margaret Presbyterian Church, comprising Deacons' Court minute book, 1910-1922 and annual reports, 1883-1927.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Minute books; reports.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
For records of Saint George Presbyterian Church see LMA/4150 and LMA/4315.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009