Reference code(s): LMA/4348
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: WATFORD UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.08 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England
Saint Stephen's Presbyterian Church was founded in 1896 by the Church of Scotland. It was transferred to the Presbyterian Church of England in 1921. It is possible that it merged with the local Congregational Church to form the Saint Thomas' United Reform Church, Watford.
Scope and content/abstract:
Scrapbooks containing newspaper cuttings, correspondence, photographs and printed material relating to the church, 1890-1813 and interior and exterior photographs of the church building, 20th century.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009