Reference code(s): LMA/4342
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: MILLWALL UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.25 linear meters
Name of creator(s): Presbyterian Church of England
Saint Paul's Presbyterian Church was situated in West Ferry Road, Millwall. It was founded in 1859. Saint Paul's became Millwall United Reformed Church when the Presbyterian and Congregational churches merged in 1972, however, membership was low and the church subsequently closed.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Saint Paul's Presbyterian Church including Court of Session minute books, 1881-1943; Deacons' Court minute books, 1857-1926; Communicants' roll book, 1882-1924; register of baptisms, 1876-1937 and Treasurer's account book, 1905-1923.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Administration and Registers.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited by the United Reformed Church (URC) History Society in 2001 (B01/024).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009