Reference code(s): ACC/1850-3
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: MANCHESTER ROAD CHURCH, CUBITT TOWN
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.05 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Methodist Church of Great Britain x United Methodist Church x Wesleyan Methodist Church x Primitive Methodist Church
The Primitive Methodist Connexion chapel in Manchester Road was founded in 1862 as a two storey building, was a church above and a school below. It was part of the London Eighth Circuit. Primitive Methodist Connexion chapels were more laity led in contrast to Wesleyan Methodists where the Ministers had greater power.
Scope and content/abstract:
Manchester Road (Cubitt Town) Methodist Church Trust Treasurer's account book, 1879-1938.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1983 (Acc/1850).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
See Tower Hamlets Local History Library and Archives for Cubitt Town Primitive Methodist Church register of baptisms [1865-1991] - ref. W/CTP.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009