Reference code(s): LMA/4008/KCCM
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: KINGS CROSS MISSION, CRESTFIELD STREET
Level of description: sub-fonds
Extent: 0.01 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Methodist Church of Great Britain x United Methodist Church x Wesleyan Methodist Church x Primitive Methodist Church
King's Cross Central Methodist Mission, Crestfield Street was opened in 1825 on Chesterfield Street by the Wesleyan Methodists as Battle Bridge Church. It was renamed as King's Cross Church in 1836 and was initially part of the Second London Circuit/Great Queen Street Circuit. In 1904 it transferred to the Prince of Wales Road Circuit, then in 1921 to the West London Mission Circuit. In 1937 Chesterfield Street was re-named Crestfield Street. In 1945 the Church transferred to the London Central Mission Circuit, then in 1960 to the London Mission (North) Circuit.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the King's Cross Central Methodist Mission, Crestfield Street, 1933-1956 including correspondence regarding the freehold and leasehold of the Church and adjoining properties, and correspondence regarding a proposed hostel and community centre.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
In sections: Trustees and Buildings; Printed Items.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1983 (Acc/1849)
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009