Reference code(s): LMA/4008/MRD
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: MAYFIELD ROAD, DALSTON CHURCH
Level of description: sub-fonds
Extent: 0.01 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Methodist Church of Great Britain x United Methodist Church x Wesleyan Methodist Church x Primitive Methodist Church
The Dalston Methodist Church, Mayfield Road, was built by Wesleyan Methodists in 1865 and belonged to the Islington circuit. It transferred to the Mildmay Park circuit in 1899, and then transferred to the London Central Mission Circuit in 1905. The Minister's wife was killed when a flying bomb seriously damaged the manse [minister's residence] and damaged the church in January 1945. A new church was built on the same site in 1960, but was known as Richmond Road Church. The Church transferred to London Mission (Hackney and Clapton) Circuit in 1960.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the Dalston Methodist Church, Mayfield Road, 1943-1956, comprising correspondence and papers concerning war damage and re-building, and leaflet advertising Sunday School anniversary.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
In sections: Trustees and Buildings; Schools.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1983 (Acc/1849)
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Other records relating to this church are kept at Hackney Archives.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009