Reference code(s): ACC/3393/WE
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: WEALDSTONE CHURCH
Level of description: sub-fonds
Extent: 0.16 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Methodist Church of Great Britain x United Methodist Church x Wesleyan Methodist Church x Primitive Methodist Church
The Wealdstone Methodist Church has its origins in a Methodist mission room in Harrow Weald from 1889 to 1935. The congregation used a chapel in Station Road, Wealdstone, from 1892 to 1904, when it was replaced by the present chapel in Locket Road.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Wealdstone Methodist Church, comprising pamphlet commemorating sixty years of Wealdstone Methodist Church building, 1964 and booklet commemorating centenary of Wealdstone Methodist Church society, 1983.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1991 with an additional accession in 2001 (ACC/3393, B01/058).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
London Metropolitan Archives has other holdings relating to some of the churches within the Harrow Circuit, as follows: Harrow Methodist Chapel ACC/1391/1-87; Bessborough Road, Harrow Church ACC/1388/27-34; Welldon Crescent, Harrow Church ACC/1388/35-38; Hallowwell Road, Northwood Church ACC/1388/80-82; Harefield Methodist Church ACC/2567/1-20; Harefield Methodist Church ACC/2270/1-2; Ruislip Common Church ACC/3430/1.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009