Reference code(s): ACC/3393/BR
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: HARROW (BESSBOROUGH ROAD) CHURCH
Level of description: sub-fonds
Extent: 0.33 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Methodist Church of Great Britain x United Methodist Church x Wesleyan Methodist Church x Primitive Methodist Church
A Wesleyan Methodist chapel was first erected in 1810 on the eastern side of Lower Road, Roxeth, and accommodated 218 people. The chapel was registered in 1856, but was replaced in 1905 by a red brick Gothic building, with room for 650, in Bessborough Road. The chapel was closed in 1972 and the congregation joined theNorth Harrow Methodist Church.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Harrow Methodist Church, Bessborough Road, comprising Diamond Jubilee pamphlet and Diamond Jubilee Fund donation card, 1965 and Diamond Jubilee and closing service booklets, and accounts, printed material and correspondence regarding the closure of the church, 1967-1973.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1991 with an additional accession in 2001 (ACC/3393, B01/058).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
More records of Bessborough Road Chapel can be found at ACC/1388.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009