Reference code(s): ACC/3393/EA
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: EASTCOTE CHURCH
Level of description: sub-fonds
Extent: 0.16 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Methodist Church of Great Britain x United Methodist Church x Wesleyan Methodist Church x Primitive Methodist Church
Eastcote Methodist Church began as meetings in private houses, begun in around 1825. In 1848 the first Methodist chapel was built opposite the present chapel in Pamela Gardens. This served the Eastcote congregation until a new chapel in Pamela Gardens, the building of which had been delayed by the Second World War, was substantially completed. The chapel was occupied in 1950 and building work finished in 1962.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Eastcote Church, comprising Centenary Souvenir handbook, 1948 and booklet concerning church finance, 1960s.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1991 with an additional accession in 2001 (ACC/3393, B01/058).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
London Metropolitan Archives has other holdings relating to some of the churches within the Harrow Circuit, as follows:
Harrow Methodist Chapel ACC/1391/1-87; Bessborough Road, Harrow Church ACC/1388/27-34; Welldon Crescent, Harrow Church ACC/1388/35-38; Hallowwell Road, Northwood Church ACC/1388/80-82; Harefield Methodist Church ACC/2567/1-20; Harefield Methodist Church ACC/2270/1-2; Ruislip Common Church ACC/3430/1
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009