Reference code(s): ACC/1388-16
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: PARK LANE WESLEYAN CHURCH, HARROW ROAD, WEMBLEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.08 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Methodist Church of Great Britain x United Methodist Church x Wesleyan Methodist Church x Primitive Methodist Church
Methodists were the largest non-established denomination in the Harrow and Wembley area, with the first of many chapels in this area erected in 1810. Several churches were built in the 1920s including the chapel on Park Lane, Wembley, which was first called the Wesleyan Church. From 20 September 1932 (when the different branches of Methodism united) the name was changed to the Methodist Church. It was closed in 1961.
Scope and content/abstract:
Registers of marriages, 1925-1961.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received in 1977. ACC/1388.
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: January to March 2009