Reference code(s): ACC/2830
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: BISHOPSHALT SCHOOL, HILLINGDON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.01 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Bishopshalt Grammar School x Uxbridge County School
Bishopshalt Grammar School developed from the Uxbridge County School which occupied premises in the Greenway from 1907. This building was vacated in 1928 when the school was transferred to the house in Royal Lane which had been built on the site of the old rectory house owned by the bishops of Worcester. The school then adopted the name Bishopshalt and was constituted a grammar school. The Greenway premises were subsequently occupied by the Greenway County Secondary School.
From: 'Hillingdon, including Uxbridge: Education', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 4: Harmondsworth, Hayes, Norwood with Southall, Hillingdon with Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Edgware, Harrow with Pinner (1971), pp. 95-98.
Scope and content/abstract:
Plan of school and grounds probably drawn by pupils, July 1962.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright: City of London
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Document formerly known as MP. 56/1 and part of holdings of Middlesex County Record Office.
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in 1990 (Acc/2830).
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2009