Reference code(s): O/524
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: GEORGE GREEN'S SCHOOL, POPLAR
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.01 linear metres
Name of creator(s): George Green's School | Poplar
George Green's School, 80 Manchester Road, Poplar was opened originally as an endowed charity school and then reorganised in 1884. Control of the school was handed to the London County Council in 1910.
Scope and content/abstract:
Reminiscences of attending George Green's School, Poplar, in the 1880s. Written by G.N. Kent in 1952.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Conditions governing reproduction:
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Appraisal, destruction and scheduling information:
Immediate source of acquisition:
Existence and location of originals:
Existence and location of copies:
LMA also holds admission and discharge registers from 1884-1910 (microfilm X095/270).
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: April to June 2009