Reference code(s): GB 0074 O/136
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: D.H. EVANS AND COMPANY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.01 linear metres
Name of creator(s): D.H. Evans | general drapers and silk mercers
D.H. Evans, general drapers and silk mercers, were established at 320 Oxford Street in 1879. Dan Harries Evans, the son of a farmer from Llanelly, moved there from a small draper's shop in Westminster Bridge Road. His wife, helped by other family members, did the dressmaking and the store specialised in fashionable lace goods. In 1937 a new store was built at 318 Oxford Street to the designs of Louis Blanc.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of D.H. Evans, general drapers and silk mercers, comprising a prospectus from 1894 and sales particulars relating to premises in Armadale Road, Fulham, 1899.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Two documents in chronological order.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in 1964 (AC/64/006).
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: July to October 2009