Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/2910
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: AERATED BREAD COMPANY LIMITED
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.1 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Aerated Bread Company Limited | bakers, confectioners and light refreshment contractors
The Aerated Bread Company Limited was incorporated on 28 October 1862 as bakers, confectioners and light refreshment contractors. The first bakery was in Islington, with offices at 17 Camden Road, until it moved at the turn of the 20th century to Soho. A factory was built in Camden Road in 1930. By 1923 it had 150 branch shops in London and 250 tea rooms. The firm was taken over by Allied Bakeries Limited in 1955 which became in turn a subsidiary of Associated British Foods Limited. It is believed that it ceased trading in the early 1980s.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of The Aerated Bread Company Limited, 1869-1885, comprising a set of minutes of the Board of Directors, and a register of company premises.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright rests with the City of London.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Found in abandoned premises in Camden Road. Other records are known to have existed but were destroyed or damaged by flooding.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: July to October 2009