Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/2305/64
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: PHILLIPS AND SONS
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.45 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Phillips and Sons Ltd | brewers
Dock Road Brewery, Dock Road, Newport, was run by Thomas Lloyd Lewis until sold in 1874 to Thomas Rotherham Phillips. The business was incorporated 1892 as Phillips and Sons Limited. Share capital was acquired by H and G Simonds in 1949; and the company was acquired by H and G Simonds in 1954. In liquidation 1954.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of Phillips and Sons Limited, brewers, including Directors' minutes annual general meeting minutes; Directors' minute book (later called 'Board'); register of directors and secretaries; register of directors' holdings and interests; register of managers or directors; register of mortgages and register of seals.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in one series: ACC/2305/64/001-009: Corporate Records.
Conditions governing access:
Restricted access: please see staff.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited as part of an accession of records from Courage Barclay and Simonds, 1969-1988.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: November 2009 to February 2010