Reference code(s): GB 0074 LMA/4435/D
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: J AND W NICHOLSON AND COMPANY LIMITED
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.16 linear metres
Name of creator(s): J and W Nicholson and Co Ltd | gin distillers
J and W Nicholson and Company Limited were gin distillers, founded in the 1730s. They purchased the Three Mills in West Ham in 1872 and occupied the premises until 1966, although they stopped making gin there in 1941.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of J and W Nicholson and Company Limited, gin distillers, 1897-1986. This collection contains corporate and premises records. Corporate records comprise a change of name certificate and premises records include documents relating to individual public houses and premises, mortgage information and a plan of The Richmond Hotel, Hammersmith.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Six documents catalogued as LMA/4435/D/01/001-006.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Received as a gift in 2002.
See also E/TMD for further records of the Three Mills Distillery, West Ham.
A large number of records of J. and W. Nicholson and Co Ltd are held by Hackney Archives Department, reference D/B/NIC.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: November 2009 to February 2010