Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/2305/30-3
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: HARMANS UXBRIDGE BREWERY: SALES RECORDS
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 12.42 linear metres (extent of all 7 Harmans Uxbridge Brewery subfonds combined).
Name of creator(s): Harmans Uxbridge Brewery Ltd
The Old Brewery, High Street, Uxbridge, was established in the early eighteenth century by George Harman. It was run as "Harman and Company" by Stanislaus Ronayne Conron and Alice Fleetwood Webb until it was incorporated in 1924 as "Harman's Uxbridge Brewery Ltd". It acquired R Halley Ltd in 1954. The company was taken over by Courage, Barclay and Simonds in 1962; the brewery was closed in 1964 and the company went into liquidation in 1967.
Scope and content/abstract:
Sales records of Harmans Uxbridge Brewery Limited, including papers relating to beer sales; sales summary sheets; sales journals; records of free trade and tied trade; records regarding wines and spirits; customer accounts; sales representatives expenses and sales records; stock and debt books; Building Department stock lists; price lists; papers relating to lager sales.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
The records of Harmans Uxbridge Brewery are arranged in 7 sub-fonds:
ACC/2305/30-1: Corporate records;
ACC/2305/30-2: Financial records;
ACC/2305/30-3: Sales records;
ACC/2305/30-4: Production records;
ACC/2305/30-5: Staff records;
ACC/2305/30-6: Property records;
ACC/2305/30-7: General records.
Conditions governing access:
Restricted access: please see staff.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited as part of an accession of records from Courage Barclay and Simonds, 1969-1988.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: November 2009 to February 2010