Reference code(s): GB 0074 ACC/2305/28-3
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: CHARLES BEASLEY: SALES RECORDS
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 4.52 linear metres (extent for all 7 Charles Beasley subfonds combined).
Name of creator(s): Charles Beasley Ltd | brewers
The Park Brewery, Lakedale Road, Plumstead, was established in 1845 and run by L Davis. By 1878 it was known as North Kent Brewery and run by Mitchell and Beasley. In 1887 the brewery was taken over by Charles Beasley; and incorporated in 1943 as Charles Beasley Limited. It was acquired by Courage, Barclay and Simonds in 1963. The brewery closed in 1965; and the company was in voluntary liquidation by 1970.
Scope and content/abstract:
Sales records of Charles Beasley Limited, brewers, including purchase journals for wines and spirits; wines, spirits and soft drinks sales ledgers; bottled beer ledger; 'foreign' beer ledger and beer sales ledger.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records of Charles Beasley Ltd are arranged in 7 sub-fonds:
ACC/2305/28-1: Corporate records;
ACC/2305/28-2: Financial records;
ACC/2305/28-3: Sales records;
ACC/2305/28-4: Production records;
ACC/2305/28-5: Staff records;
ACC/2305/28-6: Property records;
ACC/2305/28-7: Premises records.
Conditions governing access:
Restricted access: please see staff.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright to these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited as part of an accession of records from Courage Barclay and Simonds, 1969-1988.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: November 2009 to February 2010