Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/133
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: HOLY TRINITY, STROUD GREEN: GRANVILLE ROAD, HARINGEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 2.43 linear metres (118 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of Holy Trinity, Stroud Green | Church of England
The parish was formed on 10 May 1881 out of the parishes of Holy Innocents, Tottenham Lane and Saint John the Evangelist, Brownswood Park. The first building was called the Iron Room and was dedicated on the 31st December 1880, the registers go back to this date. When the permanent church was completed, the Iron Room became the church hall. The architect of the church was EB Ferrey. A brick hall was built around 1913 to replace the Iron Room, and this brick hall became the permanent church when the old church had to be demolished, having become unsafe. The present church was dedicated on the 15th March 1961. The first vicar was Mr Jackson who was followed in 1886 by Dr Linklater who initiated the catholic tradition of the church. In 1981 Holy Trinity celebrated its centenary with the union of the two parishes of Holy Trinity and Saint Luke, Mayfield Road, Hornsey. Saint Luke was adopted as patron of the parish and his shrine was moved to Holy Trinity church.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of the Holy Trinity, Stroud Green, including baptism registers 1881-1967, marriage registers 1881-1971, and banns of marriage registers 1881-1984; church service registers; correspondence of the incumbent; material relating to the Union of the parishes of Holy Trinity and Saint Luke's; correspondence relating to benefice land; material relating to the church buildings including faculties and citations, the parsonage house and the church hall; Parochial Church Council minutes; financial accounts; material relating to church groups; copies of parish magazines from 1885; a series of photographs of the church and its people, and a series of historical material which includes lists of church personnel for both Holy Trinity and Saint Luke's church, and a scrap book of newspaper cuttings about DR. Linklater given to the church by his wife in 1929.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Listed in accordance with LMA Listing guidelines and classification scheme introduced October 2007. Arranged by sub-fonds then into series; thereafter files are listed in chronological order by creation date.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
The records were deposited in 1999.
Material relating to Saint Luke's church Mayfield Road, Hornsey can be found at DRO/134.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.