Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/050
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT MATTHEW, MUSWELL HILL: COPPETS ROAD, HARINGEY
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.13 linear metres (103 documents).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Matthew, Muswell Hill | Church of England
St Matthew's mission church was built in 1926 in Coppett's Road in the parish of St James, Muswell Hill. This later became the small church hall. A larger church hall was built in 1933-4 to serve as a temporary church. St Matthew's was assigned a conventional district in 1934, and, on 11 December 1939, this became a parish. The permanent church was consecrated on 6 July 1940. The church was closed in 1978. On 1 August 1979 the parish was united with St James, Muswell Hill.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Matthew, Muswell Hill, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage, and church services; papers regarding the church building and fittings, the vicarage and the church hall, including designs; financial accounts; correspondence; Vestry and Parochial Church Council minutes; parish magazines and orders of service.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in one series: Parish Records (DRO/050-1).
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in the Greater London Record Office by the Vicar of St James with St Matthew, Muswell Hill, 22 February 1982.
For Saint James' Muswell Hill see DRO/049.
For documents relating to the small hall used as a mission church 1926-1934 and to the church hall used as a temporary church 1934-1940, see DRO/050/042/64-76.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.