Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/183
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PETER, HARROW: SUMNER ROAD, HARROW
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.18 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Peter, Harrow | Church of England
In 1904 a church extension scheme was put in place to serve the expanding suburbs of London. One of the first mission churches to be set up in this scheme was St Peter, north Harrow. A temporary church was first dedicateed in 1907, it stood on a site fronting Sumner Road and Colbeck Road. It was run as a mission church of St Mary's, Harrow by London Diocesan Home Missionaries until a permanent building was constructed in 1913 and a separate parish was created. The church was built by G. H Fellows Prynne and consisted of a chancel, nave, aisles, transepts, north-east chapel, baptisery and bell turret.
During the early 1980's church attendance declined and the parishes of Christ Church and St Peter's amalgamated to become The Parish of Christ Church, Roxeth and St Peter, Harrow.
Source: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 4: Harmondsworth, Hayes, Norwood with Southall, Hillingdon with Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Perivale, Ruislip, Edgware, Harrow with Pinner. (1971) pp 257-260.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Peter, Harrow, including registers of baptisms, marriages, banns of marriage, confirmations and church services; Parochial Church Council minutes; and annual financial accounts.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Listed in accordance with LMA Listing guidelines and classification scheme introduced October 2007. Arranged by sub-fonds then into series and (where appropriate) sub-series; thereafter files are listed in chronological order by creation date.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to access restrictions.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in December 2008.
See DRO/182 for Christ Church, Roxeth.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.