Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/043
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PETER AND SAINT PAUL, TEDDINGTON: BROAD STREET, RICHMOND
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.45 linear metres (9 documents).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Peter and St Paul, Teddington | Church of England
The church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul was founded in 1865 as a chapel of ease to the main Teddington parish church, Saint Mary's. The vicar of Saint Mary's is the patron of the church. The construction was not finished until 1873 although the tower and spire were never built. The chapel became an independent church in 1880 and had a parish assigned. This was made smaller in 1914 when Saint Michael and Saint George's parish was created.
From: 'Teddington: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 3: Shepperton, Staines, Stanwell, Sunbury, Teddington, Heston and Isleworth, Twickenham, Cowley, Cranford, West Drayton, Greenford, Hanwell, Harefield and Harlington (1962), pp. 76-79. Available online.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Peter and Saint Paul, Teddington, comprising registers of baptisms and registes of marriages.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in one sub-fond: DRO/043/A: Incumbent.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information may be subject to access restrictions
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited on 7 May 1981.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.