Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/079
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: CHRIST CHURCH, TURNHAM GREEN: CHISWICK, HOUNSLOW
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 1.93 linear metres (55 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of Christ Church, Turnham Green | Church of England
The parish of Christ Church, Turnham Green, was created in 1845 from the parish of Chiswick. The patron was the Bishop of London. The church was built on former common land in 1843, with extensions added in 1887. A mission was established based in the National School on High Road.
From: 'Chiswick: Churches', A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. 90-93. Available online.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Christ Church, Turnham Green, including registers of baptisms, marriages, confirmations, banns of marriage, and church services; Parochial Church Council minutes; Vestry minutes; Committee minutes; electoral rolls; financial accounts; and appeal brochure.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in 7 series: Series 1 to 4: Parish Registers; Series 5 to 7: Parish Administration.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Deposited in April 1989; with further deposits in 1997 and 1998.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.