Reference code(s): GB 0074 P76/PAU1
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT PAUL, BUNHILL ROW: BUNHILL ROW, ISLINGTON
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.42 linear metres
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Paul, Bunhill Row | Church of England
The church of Saint Paul, Bunhill Row, Islington, was built in 1839, partly remodelled in 1868 and restored in 1883. It was described in Mitton's "Clerkenwell and Saint Luke's" as 'an ordinary little church with a spire'. The church closed in 1932 and the parish united with Saint Mary, Charterhouse. The building was demolished in 1933.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the Parish of Saint Paul, Bunhill Row, Islington, including registers of baptisms; registers of marriages; papers relating to the repair and maintenance of the church; and register of baptisms for the Mission District of Saint Catherine.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
P76/PAU1/001-007: Registers; P76/PAU1/008: Church Maintenance.
Conditions governing access:
Available for general access.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records of St Paul's Bunhill Row, Finsbury deposited by the Rector of St Luke, Old Street in July 1958. Further records of St Paul, Bunhill Row, Finsbury, deposited by the Rector of St Luke, Old Street, in the former London County Record Office, County Hall now the Greater London Record Office, 26 July 1961. Additional deposit, 2012.
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.