Reference code(s): GB 0074 DRO/129
Held at: London Metropolitan Archives
Title: SAINT DUNSTAN, ACTON: FRIARS PLACE LANE, EALING
Level of description: Collection
Extent: 0.92 linear metres (21 files).
Name of creator(s): Parish of St Dunstan, Acton | Church of England
The district of Saint Dunstan was formed in 1880. The Goldsmiths' Company of London gave land and endowed the living, becoming the patrons. The church was built in 1879 in the Early English Style by R Hesketh, seating 750. Its mission at Acton Vale became St Barnabas's Mission Church.
From: A History of the County of Middlesex: Volume 7: Acton, Chiswick, Ealing and Brentford, West Twyford, Willesden (1982), pp. 35-39.
Scope and content/abstract:
Records of the parish of Saint Dunstan, Acton, comprising baptism registers, marriage registers, confirmation registers and parish magazines.
ACCESS AND USE
Language/scripts of material: English
System of arrangement:
Records arranged in two sub-fonds: A: Parish Registers and Y: Printed Material.
Conditions governing access:
These records are available for public inspection, although records containing personal information are subject to access restrictions under the UK Data Protection Act, 1998.
Conditions governing reproduction:
Copyright for these records rests with the depositor.
Please see online catalogues at: http://search.lma.gov.uk/opac_lma/index.htm
Immediate source of acquisition:
Records deposited in October 1998.
Related church records may be found at St Barnaba's Mission Chapel, Acton Vale (DRO/131) and St Thomas, Acton Vale (DRO/130).
Rules or conventions: Compiled in compliance with General International Standard Archival Description, ISAD(G), second edition, 2000; National Council on Archives Rules for the Construction of Personal, Place and Corporate Names, 1997.
Date(s) of descriptions: March to April 2010.